Shanghai Cards Game
- We play this game twice monthly and have tournaments occasionally.
- This is played either at the club or at Members homes who volunteer to host.
- Usually this is combined with recipe swap so each member brings in a dish with the recipe and the host is only expected to arrange for tea/coffee/water and the set-up.
- All Things Favourite will help in set-up in terms of tables and chairs as and when there is a request by the host.
- Card Games help in exercising of the brain cells that improves your thinking process and makes you a lot more patient and skilled person.
- Some play as a liesure time activity while some as a source to earn rewards and most importantly to socialise.
- Card games are fun to play as it refreshes your mind, gives you high level of excitement and offers pretty rich rewards.
Popularity of the card games around the world are because of two main reasons
b) Improves Thinking process
Playing card games are much more fun and exciting as it adds real spice to our life.
Playing with random players gives you a real thrill as their strategies will be unknown and that’s where all your analytical skills comes into the picture. It helps in brushing up your skills and becoming a professional skilled player in no time.
Shanghai Cards is a version of Rummy consisting of a series of rounds. In each round there is a different contract : players have to collect a particular combination of groups and sequences before they are allowed to meld. The contracts become progressively more demanding on each deal.
The game is best played by three to five players; the optimum number is four.
Object of the Game
The object of each round is to dispose of all your cards by a combination of melding, laying off, and discarding. In order to do any melding or laying off, you must begin by fulfilling your contract for the round currently being played.
There are two kind of melds, sequences (also called runs) and groups (also called books).